Blimey. Have I been neglecting this blog that long? Yes, I have. Shame on me, etc.
Even now I haven’t really got anything too exciting to add, so I’ll go through the motions instead, with a few links, loose ends, thoughts and queries.
1. Where in London can I buy a two-litre bottle of groundnut oil? I’ve tried Tescos, Waitrose and Sainsbury’s, plus a plethora of local food emporiums. All to no avail.
2. Note to self: If you’re devising your own recipe for Laksa, don’t go overboard on the shrimp paste. You”ll only end up tainting an expensive pot of fresh scallops with a broth that tastes like the unwashed floor of a downmarket fishmonger.
3. Dealaz has launched. This is the UK version of the excellent Dealazon service, and although it’s looking pretty beta at the moment (What? No kitchenware? Are you mad?), it’ll be worth keeping a close eye on.
4. Try out Protopage. It’s a very nice homepage tool. I wish it supported XML feeds.
5. I’ve finally decided that Konfabulator is a piece of crap. Great idea, but let’s try and build something a little less processor-intensive next time, shall we?
6. I thoroughly recommend the wines of the Mount Rozier vineyard in South Africa.
7. I tried another of HFW‘s recipes, this time for Herb Roast Chicken. Highly recommended and great fun, kind of Blue Peter cooking. In a nutshell, you rub butter and a few English herbs all over a chicken (inside and out), roast for 20 minutes at a high temperature, baste, add a glass of wine to the roasting dish, reduce the temperature, cook for another half-hour, then turn off the heat, open the oven door and leave for twenty minutes. After this you carve the chicken roughly, letting the pieces fall into the buttery sauce. Then eat. Lovely crispy skin. Works well with mash.
8. Someone else made a Scotch Ostrich Egg.
10. Unfortunately, I’m also the third result if you search for small penis blog. And they say Google knows everything about its users…
11. A friend of mine asked if I’d like to cook something using her breast milk – she had some frozen away. I declined.
12. As I write, there have been over 56,000 comments left on blogjam over the years. I have deleted more than 48,000 as spam.
14. If I ever make my fortune from that site I’m going to start referring to myself as a pussy magnate.