I was considering today how Last FM is quite possibly the best thing since sliced bread, when a thought struck: what happened to all the other things that were previously the best thing since sliced bread? What were they? Let’s take a look, shall we?
- Multi-variable integration
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Lesbian Nuns (nsfw)
- Equity Indexed Annuities
- In-Shoe Force Measurements
- Laser sighting systems for Glock Pistols
- Gempler’s Rust Converter
- The Predator Manure Vacuum
- JET JW1317 4″ Wire Hose Clamp (5-pack)
This last link is most interesting of all, detailing one of the many obvious reasons why sliced bread has remained the yardstick for innovation — as the product reviewer ably demonstrates: “wire clamps are the best thing since sliced bread for hooking up a duct collection system.”
Sliced bread. More useful in more ways than you ever thought possible.